Raspberry jam adds sweetness to these pretty bars from Beth Ask of Ulster, Pennsylvania. She revised the original recipe to reduce fat and calories. The end result is a treat so delicious you'll never know it's good for you.
- 1/2 cup stick margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread half of the dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine jam and lemon juice; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Nut Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p49
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review