Raspberry Nut Bars Recipe
Raspberry jam adds sweetness to these pretty bars from Beth Ask of Ulster, Pennsylvania. She revised the original recipe to reduce fat and calories. The end result is a treat so delicious you'll never know it's good for you.
- 1/2 cup stick margarine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread half of the dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine jam and lemon juice; spread over dough. Dollop remaining dough over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Nut Bars in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p49
Reviews for Raspberry Nut Bars(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2012
I also used butter instead and increased the jam to about 1 cup. Pan was gone in no time, will be making again
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2009
These are tasty! I used butter i/o margarine, and increased the amt of jam to 1 cup. I also tried them with apricot jam and wanuts. Yum!