Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Additional sugar
- 1. Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine milk and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture. Fold in the raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Muffins
"Very good. Will be using this muffin recipe for any other fruit muffins I make. easy and delicious."
"Great recipe. Very simple."
"Love this recipe!"
"Loved this recipe - hubby liked them as they are light consistency. Only used half cup sugar and 2 cups s r flour. This recipe is a keeper to use with other berries, nice with cinnamon sugar on top and dob of sour cream on the side:-)"
"This is not a recipe for muffins, but rather sounds like one for cupcakes. Muffins are quick breads, so they require a lot more flour and baking powder than this recipe suggests, a lot less sugar and a higher temperature. I followed the recipe to the letter and the result was really mediocre: they were flat and too sweet. You need 2 cups of flour, 4 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 cup of sugar. It also needs to cook at 400 for about 12mn, not 375 and 20mn."
"My only complaint is from all the raspberry seeds, but that comes with the territory."
"Very easy and simple to make. The family enjoyed them. On top of the muffins I sprinkles sugar and cinnamon."
"Husband and grandkids love this I used fresh berries Clay had just picked"
"My family loved this. I used 2 cups of red raspberries, and lemon flavoring instead of vanilla. I also sprinkled turbinado sugar (fair trade) on top."
"Very tasty and simple - will make again with a bit less sugar."
"These muffins were delicious! I tried a double recipe with 1 cup of sugar and 2-1/2 cups of fresh raspberries and the sweet-sour ratio was perfect."
"I used whole wheat flour and decreased the sugar by 1/4 cup (I do this to almost all recipes) and frozen raspberries from my dad's garden and they turned out AMAZING! Even my husband commented on how good they were. I will definately make them again!"