This was originally a blueberry muffin recipe, but since raspberries grow like crazy around here, I tried them instead. They worked great!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Additional sugar
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, cream
- shortening and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine milk and vanilla;
- add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture. Fold in the
- raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds
- full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or
- until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched. Yield:
- about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.