This was originally a blueberry muffin recipe, but since raspberries grow like crazy around here, I tried them instead. They worked great!
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Additional sugar
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine milk and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture. Fold in the raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p84
Reviews for Raspberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review