This creamy, smooth mousse from our Test Kitchen is a refreshing finale to any summer meal.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the raspberries in a food processor; cover and puree. Strain and discard seeds. Transfer puree to a large bowl. Stir in sugar and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into raspberry mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Beat on high speed until foamy. Gradually add cream; beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Mousse in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p216
Reviews for Raspberry Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review