Raspberry Mousse In Chocolate Cups Recipe
- 5 ounces white chocolate candy coating or colored candy coating of choice
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- RASPBERRY MOUSSE:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and mint
- Four to six disposable plastic Champagne or wine glasses with removable bottoms
- Large star pastry tip #849
- 1. Chocolate cups: In the small saucepan, heat candy coating until melted. Stir in shortening until the mixture is smooth and blended.
- 2. Separate the removable base from the cup and stem section of each plastic glass. Fill each hollow stem with candy coating, then use the pastry brush to brush candy coating over the inside of each cup. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- 3. Brush a second layer of candy coating on the inside of each cup. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Invert the plastic base of each glass. Fill each base with melted candy coating and level with a knife. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- 5. Carefully remove the chocolate cups with stems from the plastic glasses. Carefully remove each chocolate base from the plastic base. With the remaining melted candy coating, attach the bottom of each chocolate stem to the top of a chocolate base.
- 6. Let chocolate cups set.
- 7. Raspberry mousse: In a large bowl, stir the boiling water and gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cubes; stir until melted.
- 8. Press raspberries through the sieve and discard the seeds (the raspberry puree should measure about 1/2 cup). Stir raspberry puree into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set. Fold in the whipped topping; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 9. Cut a hole in the corner of the pastry or plastic bag and insert the star pastry tip. Fill the bag with raspberry mousse. Pipe mousse into each chocolate cup.
- 10. Garnish each cup with mint and a raspberry. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Crafter thought: Fill these candy glasses with any mousse you like. For different garnishes, try chocolate curls, candied orange peels or edible flowers.
1 each: 314 calories, 14g fat (13g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.