Raspberry Mousse Brownies Recipe
“These rich and fudgy brownies with fresh berries are my husband’s all-time favorites,” shares Susan Robinson from Novi, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine sugar and flour; stir into chocolate mixture.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture. Mash 1/2 cup raspberries; fold into mousse. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 brownie equals 315 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC