Raspberry Mousse Brownies Recipe
“These rich and fudgy brownies with fresh berries are my husband’s all-time favorites,” shares Susan Robinson from Novi, Michigan.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine sugar and flour; stir into chocolate mixture.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture. Mash 1/2 cup raspberries; fold into mousse. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 315 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Mousse Brownies
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC