Raspberry Mousse Boxes
Want to dazzle your loved ones come February 14th? Then be sure to include this impressive-looking dessert from Robin Baumann of Omak, Washington on your menu. (You're the only one who needs to know how easy the chocolate boxes filled with fruity mousse are to create!)
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 32 fudge-covered graham crackers (about a 12-1/2-ounce package)
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 pastry bags or heavy-duty resealable plastic bags
- #20 star pastry tip
- Fresh raspberries and additional whipping cream, optional
- Working on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, dip two crackers at an
- angle halfway into candy coating. Attach one cracker to the edge of
- another to create two sides of box. Dip two more crackers and attach
- edges to complete box. Spoon melted chocolate chips into bottom;
- spread to all edges to form base. Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Place remaining candy coating in pastry or plastic bag; cut a small
- hole in the corner. Pipe 1-in. hearts on waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet. Refrigerate for 3-5 minutes or until firm.