Raspberry Mousse Boxes Recipe
Want to dazzle your loved ones come February 14th? Then be sure to include this impressive-looking dessert from Robin Baumann of Omak, Washington on your menu. (You're the only one who needs to know how easy the chocolate boxes filled with fruity mousse are to create!)
- 32 fudge-covered graham crackers (about a 12-1/2-ounce package)
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 pastry bags or heavy-duty resealable plastic bags
- #20 star pastry tip
- Fresh raspberries and additional whipping cream, optional
- 1. Working on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, dip two crackers at an angle halfway into candy coating. Attach one cracker to the edge of another to create two sides of box. Dip two more crackers and attach edges to complete box. Spoon melted chocolate chips into bottom; spread to all edges to form base. Repeat with remaining crackers. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. Place remaining candy coating in pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe 1-in. hearts on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 3-5 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Puree raspberries in a blender; press through a sieve and discard seeds. Place 3/4 cup puree in a saucepan. Cover and refrigerate remaining puree for garnish. Dissolve gelatin in water; add to saucepan. Cook over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; remove from the heat. Chill until mixture resembles unbeaten egg whites.
- 4. In a bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff; fold into raspberry mixture until well blended. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip. Fill with raspberry mousse; pipe into boxes. Garnish with a prepared heart and fresh raspberry if desired.
- 5. Divide the reserved puree among eight dessert plates and spread over surface of plate. Place filled boxes on plates. With a toothpick, drop small circles of whipping cream into puree and shape into hearts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Mousse Boxes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC