Raspberry Mocha Torte Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cu sugar until thicken and lemon-colored. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peak form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into egg yolk mixture along with the flour.
- 2. Divide batter among three waxed paper-lined ungreased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, eggs, yolks and coffee granules. Add chocolate. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. In a small bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate mixture until smooth.
- 4. To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the mocha filling. Top with another cake layer; spread with raspberry jam. Place remaining cake on top; spread with the remaining mocha filling. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 424 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 283 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Mocha Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.