- In a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, eggs, yolks and coffee
- granules. Add chocolate. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
- until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. In a small bowl, cream
- butter. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate mixture until smooth.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with
- half of the mocha filling. Top with another cake layer; spread with
- raspberry jam. Place remaining cake on top; spread with the
- remaining mocha filling. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with
- raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 424 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 283 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.