Raspberry Mint Cooler Recipe
"This beverage is lovely in the summer when mint and raspberries are fresh," reveals Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. "A garnish of mint leaves and raspberries is pretty."
- 3 cups water
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups lemonade concentrate
- 6 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, mint and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the raspberries and the lemonade concentrate; gently mash raspberries.
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a 1-gal. container. Slowly pour raspberry mixture into strainer' discard pulp and mint. Add cold water to the raspberry juice; stir well. Serve in chilled glasses over ice. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Raspberry Mint Cooler in Country Woman May/June 2003, p40
Reviews for Raspberry Mint Cooler(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review