Raspberry Meringues Recipe
As rosy pink as Santa's cheeks, these merry meringue cookies are drizzled with dark chocolate and almost too pretty to eat. Pecans add a nice crunch to these chewy treats. They lend a "berry" festive touch to my Christmas cookie tray.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch YIELD:45 servings
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add gelatin, beating until combined. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vinegar and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave cookies in the oven with door ajar for about 1-1/2 hours or until cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC