Raspberry Meringues Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add gelatin, beating until combined. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vinegar and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave cookies in the oven with door ajar for about 1-1/2 hours or until cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Meringues in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p45
Reviews for Raspberry Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
I won second place in the Chocolate Extravaganza Contest in the hotly contested cookie division in our county fair. They actually come out better if the meringue is not too stiff.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >