Raspberry Meringues Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add gelatin, beating until combined. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vinegar and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave cookies in the oven with door ajar for about 1-1/2 hours or until cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Meringues
Sort By :
"In one word: YUCK. 3 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. raspberry gelatin powder is WAY too much. All these tasted of was chemical raspberry flavor. If I were to make these again, which is doubtful, I'd at least halve the amount of gelatin powder. I was surprised. Most TOH recipes that I try would get at least a 3-star rating from me. These, I am sorry to say, were disgusting, and a complete waste of a bag of chocolate chips."
"I won second place in the Chocolate Extravaganza Contest in the hotly contested cookie division in our county fair. They actually come out better if the meringue is not too stiff."