Raspberry Meringue Pie Recipe
We have raspberry bushes, so I'm always looking for recipes using this delicious fruit. This is one of our favorites.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over the crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 192 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC