We have raspberry bushes, so I'm always looking for recipes using this delicious fruit. This is one of our favorites.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture (dough will be sticky). Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Meringue Pie in Country Extra November 2000, p51
Reviews for Raspberry Meringue Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 4, 2010
"This is a fabulous recipe. Works really well with blackberries. Very easy and quick to prepare."