Raspberry-Mallow Sweet Potatoes
My idea of fun is taking old, reliable recipes and creating new taste twists from them. This is one such success story. A classic holiday vegetable gets a delightful pick-me-up from raspberry preserves and marshmallow creme.Darlene Godschalx, Prescott, Arizona
16-20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 8 large)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until
- potatoes are tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; mash. Combine
- the brown sugar, syrup and butter; beat into potatoes until smooth.
- Spread potato mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drop
- marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls over potatoes. Drizzle with jam.
- Cut through marshmallow creme with a knife to swirl. Cover and bake
- at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with
- raspberries if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without raspberries) equals 148 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium,