My idea of fun is taking old, reliable recipes and creating new taste twists from them. This is one such success story. A classic holiday vegetable gets a delightful pick-me-up from raspberry preserves and marshmallow creme.—Darlene Godschalx, Prescott, Arizona
- 4-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 8 large)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; mash. Combine the brown sugar, syrup and butter; beat into potatoes until smooth.
- Spread potato mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls over potatoes. Drizzle with jam. Cut through marshmallow creme with a knife to swirl. Cover and bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Mallow Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p58
Reviews for Raspberry-Mallow Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review