Raspberry Luscious Gelatin Salad Recipe
For a delicious refreshing summer salad, try this recipe. The sweetness of the pineapple and raspberry are perfect together.—Bonnie Barclay, Custer, Michigan
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 pint fresh or frozen whole unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In large bowl, combine raspberry gelatin, unflavored gelatin and boiling water; stir until dissolved. Stir in the cold water, then pineapple, bananas and raspberries.
- 2. Pour half of gelatin mixture into glass serving bowl or 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until firm. (Let remaining half stand at room temperature.)
- 3. When gelatin is firm, spread sour cream evenly over top, then carefully spoon reserved mixture over the sour cream. Chill until firm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC