Raspberry Linzer Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. In another bowl, mix flour, ground almonds and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Press 2 cups dough onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves to within 1/2 in. of edges. Crumble remaining dough over preserves.
- 3. Bake until lightly browned, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen
Reviews for Raspberry Linzer Bars
"Very yummy! Crust is firm and cookie-tasting. I used ground hazelnuts as well, and think I would actually prefer almonds next time. Did half the recipe in a 9x9."
"Simple and delicious! Traditional Linzer torte is made with hazelnuts(filberts), so I used them instead but almonds will taste just as good. I would increase the amount of jelly by half a cup next time."