- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. In another bowl, mix the flour, ground almonds and cinnamon; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Press 2 cups of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves. Crumble remaining dough over preserves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Yield: 18 bars.
Originally published as Raspberry Linzer Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p50
Reviews for Raspberry Linzer Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
Simple and delicious! Traditional Linzer torte is made with hazelnuts(filberts), so I used them instead but almonds will taste just as good. I would increase the amount of jelly by half a cup next time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >