Raspberry-Lime Yogurt Dip for Fresh Fruit
We know that fresh, seasonal fruit is the essence of beauty itself. For added punch when serving, a dipping sauce of sweet raspberries and tart lime juice makes a good thing even better. —Ms. Clara M. Coulson Minney, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Strain and discard seeds. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, brown
- sugar, lime juice, lime peel and raspberry puree until blended.
- Chill until serving. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without fruit) equals 78 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.