For a cool ending to a meal, our Test Kitchen scoops this bright pink slush into stemmed glasses, then drizzles it with ginger ale. The lime adds a little zing for a sweet-tart taste that’s especially refreshing.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir over high heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the raspberry puree, sugar syrup, lime juice and remaining water. Transfer to a 1-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen raspberry mixture: Combine the raspberry mixture and ginger ale in a 2-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup raspberry mixture and 1/2 cup ginger ale in a glass. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Lime Slush in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p56
Reviews for Raspberry Lime Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review