- 4 pounds fresh raspberries (about 14 cups)
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups lemon juice
- Chilled tonic water or ginger ale
- Ice cubes
- Place raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. Place juice in a Dutch oven; stir in sugar and lemon juice. Heat over medium-high heat to 190°. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into five hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- To use concentrate: Mix 1 pint concentrate with 1 pint tonic water. Serve over ice. Yield: 5 pints of concentrate (4 servings each).
Reviews for Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
"Sounds wonderful. I think I want to see if I can do this with blackberries....Mmmmmm. Side note...chubbybunny63...pretty sure the 5 pints refers to the the amount of concentrate you get from the recipe, not the amount of finished lemonade you will get once you mix it according to directions. (I was thinking the same thing as you. 5 pints from 2...huh?) :)"
"Mix 1 pint concentrate with 1 pint tonic water. Serve over ice. Yield: 5 pints (4 servings each).How can 1 pint concentrate plus 1 pint tonic water = 5 pints?"