Raspberry Lemon Torte Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 2-3/4 cups vanilla frosting
- Fresh raspberries
- Grease two 9-in. round baking pans and line with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; stir in poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the jam. Top with a second layer; spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with a third layer and remaining jam. Top with remaining layer; spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Torte
Sort By :
"Cdngourmetgirl, there is nothing wrong with this recipe. Some people aren't accomplished cooks but still want to bake at home rather than buying something. Semi-home-made is perfect for them. I do it myself sometimes, when I'm short on time. Lighten up! We aren't all gourmet cooks."
"Nothing irks me more than to see a recipe where everything is prepackaged or premade. Sorry TOH."
"I made this for Easter. It was a big hit, with several requests for the recipe. I made a homemade buttercream frosting for it, and note it does need a lot of frosting, if you use canned frosting I would recommend two cans. Great recipe, it was a hit with men and women."