As Denise Nyland of Panama City, Florida says, “This makes a very light and fresh dessert.” This lovely dessert features a hard-baked meringue shell topped with lemon curd, lighter whipped topping and fresh berries for a pretty presentation. Enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a large pizza pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread into a 12-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 225° for 55-65 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Just before serving, spread lemon curd into meringue shell. Top with whipped topping and raspberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Pavlova in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p66
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review