As Denise Nyland of Panama City, Florida says, “This makes a very light and fresh dessert.” This lovely dessert features a hard-baked meringue shell topped with lemon curd, lighter whipped topping and fresh berries for a pretty presentation. Enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a large pizza pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread into a 12-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 225° for 55-65 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Just before serving, spread lemon curd into meringue shell. Top with whipped topping and raspberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Pavlova in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p66
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2009
"How about sharing your lemon cream cake recipe?"