Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Carol Dodds of Aurora, Ontario shares this easy-to-prepare quick bread flavored with tangy lemon peel and fresh rasp berries. The loaf is refreshing as a snack, at breakfast...or any time of day.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk
- together the egg, egg whites, yogurt, oil and lemon peel. Add to the
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raspberries.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,