Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake
Cooking is my best and biggest hobby – trying recipes with different flavor combinations like pound cake with lemon curd and raspberries. — Janice Baker, London, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup
- lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture;
- repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with
- remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 605 calories, 33 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a