Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- 2. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- 3. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 605 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake
"My husband especially liked this."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.