- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake
Sort By :
"I made this cake last year for my husband for Father's Day and he requested it again this year. I used an angel food cake loaf this year for a bit of a lighter version. Both cakes work well."
"This cake looks yummy,too!!!!I would deffinetly make this cake for me and my wife for dessert!!!!Oooooooooh,its sooooo good!!!!!!"
"My husband especially liked this."
"Great quick dessert. I sometimes use a loaf angel food cake instead of the pound cake. And I make my own lemon curd. But you can't beat this combination!"