Cooking is my best and biggest hobby – trying recipes with different flavor combinations like pound cake with lemon curd and raspberries. — Janice Baker, London, Kentucky
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review