I work as a barista in my family's business and am also the baker in the cafe. This is one of the popular muffins I make. The customers love them.—Laura Siegrist, Jermyn, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and lemon peel.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Raspberry Jumbo Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p178
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Jumbo Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review