Raspberry Lemon Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- For lemon curd, in a heavy saucepan, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- For cake, preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream beat butter, oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar until blended, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in gelatin mixture, lemon juice, lemon peel and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine lemonade concentrate and remaining sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Poke holes in warm cakes with a fork; pour lemonade mixture over cakes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla; beat until blended.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 6 tablespoons raspberry jam. Repeat. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread about 1/2 cup lemon curd over top of cake (save remaining curd for another use).
- Spread frosting over sides of cake and pipe a shell border along the top and bottom edges. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Chill 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Cake(18)
Sort By :
I have not tried this yet. I plan to make it for my birthday. I love lemon so it will be perfect not the traditional chocolate. I think I will use blueberry instead of raspberry unless someone has a better idea.
I would make it again but without the lemonade concentrate over the top. It makes it really tart! Very lemony and delicious though.
Disaster !!!! Did not like this at all. Flavor was ok. Would leave off the lemonade glaze, just too much. Made cake doughy.
There were lots of ways to cut down on the calories of this recipt. Used Nefchatel instead of cream cheese, left out the lemonade mixture, sugar free jam, etc. Still tasted great and a nice change from chocolate.
I made this recipe into 28-32 cupcakes. I filled the cupcake molds halfway with cake batter then added 1/2 tsp of jam and then covered with more batter until they were 2/3 full. I baked at 350 for about 17-22 min. After cupcakes cooled I frosted with the cream cheese frosting and then added 1/2 tsp of lemon curd on top along with a little sprinkle of lemon zest Foe decoration. They are so good! Everyone loved them and they disappeared quickly! Thank you for sharing this great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gelatin Poke Cake >