Raspberry Lemon Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- For lemon curd, in a heavy saucepan, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- For cake, preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream beat butter, oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar until blended, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in gelatin mixture, lemon juice, lemon peel and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine lemonade concentrate and remaining sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Poke holes in warm cakes with a fork; pour lemonade mixture over cakes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla; beat until blended.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 6 tablespoons raspberry jam. Repeat. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread about 1/2 cup lemon curd over top of cake (save remaining curd for another use).
- Spread frosting over sides of cake and pipe a shell border along the top and bottom edges. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Chill 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Lemon Cake
Sort By :
The cake was delicious. If you love lemon this recipe is for you. It paired nicely with the raspberry and was a hit for our family Easter celebration. The cake was very moist and the icing balanced out the pungent lemon. I will definitely make this cake again.
My cake was not very tall, but packed with lemon deliciousness! It didn't look as beautiful as the picture, but everyone loved the taste. My only problem was the frosting. Had to add more confectionary sugar to make it easier to spread. Topped it with fresh raspberries. Delicious!!
Haven't tried this yet, just found tis recipe. BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS!!! Looks and sounds delicious ?
I absolutely LOVE Lemon and Raspberry together, perfect couple! OH AND CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ON TOP OF IT ALL? OMG! THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING! CAN'T WAIT! ?
This is actually a recipe I created. Use whatever filling flavor you like (raspberry just happens to be my favorite). Enjoy!
Taste was good but cake did not rise. My baking powder was new so don't know what was wrong. Was a pretty flat cake for 3 layers. I double checked everything and made it exactly as recipe said.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gelatin Poke Cake >