Raspberry Key Lime Crepes
Key lime juice turns cream cheese into the refreshing filling for these berry crepes. Sometimes, I even pipe the sweet filling into phyllo-dough cones that I bake separately. –Wolfgang Hanau of West Palm Beach, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, crumbled
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, tofu and cream cheese; cover
- and process until smooth. Set aside 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the lime peel, salt, nutmeg and remaining confectioners’ sugar
- to tofu mixture; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with raspberries;
- roll up. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled crepe equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat,