- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, crumbled
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, tofu and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar. Add the lime peel, salt, nutmeg and remaining confectioners’ sugar to tofu mixture; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with raspberries; roll up. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Key Lime Crepes
"I love this recipe but am not a big fan of tofu. I substitute lowfat ricotta cheese in equal amounts. It is so good. I plan to make them for a Mother's day brunch"
"I agreed with all of the other reviews and did not want to use tofu, so I substituted one container of Marscapone cheese and they turned out delicious, I also made a raspberry sauce to pour on top which was very good."
"simply leave the Tofu out. i make them all the time with different fruits and fillings and they turn out great. Also go on-line to recipes and get one for crepes, they are easy and simple and experiment with the fillings to whatever you like and tastes good to you."
"I agree, would try if there's a sub for tofu. Anyone have an alternative??"
"I would like to know too about something different than tofu."