Key lime juice turns cream cheese into the refreshing filling for these berry crepes. Sometimes, I even pipe the sweet filling into phyllo-dough cones that I bake separately. –Wolfgang Hanau of West Palm Beach, Florida
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu, crumbled
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, tofu and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Set aside 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar. Add the lime peel, salt, nutmeg and remaining confectioners’ sugar to tofu mixture; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crepes. Sprinkle with raspberries; roll up. Dust with reserved confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Key Lime Crepes in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p41
Reviews for Raspberry Key Lime Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review