Raspberry Icebox Dessert Recipe
After tasting this dessert at a church social, I just had to track down the recipe. I was thrilled to learn how easy it is to make. With its smooth pudding layer and colorful berry topping, it's a hit with everyone who tries it. -Magdalene Dyck, Burns Lake, British Columbia
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the gelatin and water; stir until gelatin and water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Fold in the raspberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until syrupy.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix on for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add pudding. Spread over crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over the top. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 239 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Icebox Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC