Raspberry Ice Cream
"When our garden produces an abundance of raspberries, we know it's time to make this fruity frozen dessert," reports Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey. "It's super in the summertime...and a treat throughout the year made with frozen raspberries." —Diana Leskauskas, Chatham, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Process: 20 min./batch+ freezing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the raspberries in a blender; cover and process on medium-high
- speed until chopped; set aside. In a large saucepan, heat milk to
- 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir
- in whipping cream and vanilla. Fold in raspberries. Refrigerate
- until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture
- until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a
- freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 quarts.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.