Raspberry Ice Cream
"When our garden produces an abundance of raspberries, we know it's time to make this fruity frozen dessert," reports Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey. "It's super in the summertime...and a treat throughout the year made with frozen raspberries." —Diana Leskauskas, Chatham, New Jersey
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 20 min./batch+ freezing
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and pulse until chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in
- remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer ice cream to freezer
- containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or
- until firm. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.