Making homemade ice cream is fun for the whole family, and the fresh raspberry flavor of this treat makes it a perfect summer activity. Kids can shake the bags until the liquid changes to ice cream and then enjoy the reward! —Erin Hoffman, Canby, Minnesota
Featured In: 36 Allergy-Free Treats For Kids
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 3/4 cup salt
- Using two quart-size resealable plastic bags, place one bag inside the other. Place the first five ingredients inside the inner bag. Seal both bags, pressing out as much air as possible.
- Place the two bags in a gallon-size resealable plastic freezer bag. Add ice and salt. Seal bag, again pressing out as much air as possible.
- Shake and knead cream mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes. (If desired, wear mittens or wrap bags in a kitchen towel while shaking to protect hands from the cold ice.) Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Raspberry Ice Cream in a Bag in Country Woman June/July 2014
Reviews for Raspberry Ice Cream in a Bag
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review