Raspberry Ice Cream Delight Recipe
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 1/4 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze 15 minutes.
- 2. Place hot fudge topping in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. Spread over crust.
- 3. Spoon ice cream over fudge layer. Place spoonfuls of sherbet over ice cream; cut through sherbet with a knife to swirl. Top with raspberries. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 342 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Ice Cream Delight
"I found this easy to make and very tasty. Make sure frozen raspberrys are dethawed or use fresh. I added extra hot fudge. It is a hit and cool for a great summer dessert"
"I rate this 5 stars, because I changed a few things. I think it would have been too sweet, if I had not. I used gluten free chocolate cookies, no sugar in the cookie crust, organic ice cream and sorbet, fresh raspberries instead of frozen sweetened ones and real whipped cream. Delicious!"
"Great recipe but for a 13x9 pan I used a half gallon ice cream, a 10 ounce container of hot fudge, and 3/4 cup of wafers."
"YUMMMMY!!! I used gluten-free cookies for the base, and homemade vanilla and raspberry ice cream - delish! This is so easy yet elegant for a summertime dessert."
"This was great. Made a few changes. Used crushed, cream-filled chocolate Oreos, and doubled the recipe for a 9x13, but only used 1 container of raspberry sherbet. Also topped it with real whipping cream."
"I made it during the Christmas Holidays and I'm making it for the ladies cook out in a couple of weeks. It's a big hit with everyone !!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.