- 1-1/2 cups frozen raspberries (without syrup)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups raspberries (without syrup)
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED ALMOND CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Gently fold raspberries into vanilla ice cream; place in covered freezer container and freeze until firm.
- For raspberry sauce, place sugar and water in 2-qt. saucepan; boil over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool for 15 minutes. Gently stir in raspberries and refrigerate.
- For fudge sauce, combine milk, butter and salt in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Heat until butter melts; add chocolate, stirring until chips melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Just before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form; fold in almond extract. In large dessert bowl or sundae dish, top ice cream with 2-3 tablespoons of each sauce. Garnish with dollop of whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Hot Fudge Sundae in Country Extra September 1990, p47
Reviews for Raspberry Hot Fudge Sundae
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review