Raspberry Hot Cocoa Recipe
Garnished with whipped cream, chocolate curls and raspberry-flavored marshmallows, this cool-weather favorite goes from everyday to extra-special. —Andrew McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate curls
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil).
- 2. Place the raspberries, chocolate and sugar in a blender; cover. While processing, gradually add hot milk in a steady stream. Strain; discard seeds. Serve in mugs; top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without toppings) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC