Raspberry Hard Candy Recipe
Old-fashioned hard candy appeals to old and young alike. Everyone is thrilled with the awesome raspberry flavor.—Joe Caden, Sutton, West Virginia
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 8 to 10 drops neon purple food coloring
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over high heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in extract and food coloring. Immediately pour into prepared pan without scraping the saucepan (do not spread mixture).
- 3. Cool for 1-2 minutes or until candy is almost set. Using a sharp knife, score into 1/2-in. squares; cool completely. Break squares apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Raspberry Hard Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC