Raspberry Ham Glaze
If you want to put a different twist on your holiday ham, try this delicious glaze. The raspberry jam adds sweet flavor to your salty ham.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup apple juice or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, combine the apple juice, lemon juice and cornstarch;
- stir until smooth. Stir in half of the jam. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in butter and remaining
- jam. Cook and stir until the butter is melted. During the last 10
- minutes of the ham's baking time, spoon glaze over the entire ham.
- Yield: about 2/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: about 1 tablespoon equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.