My favorite appetizer is a raspberry-glazed cheese ball, so I used similar ingredients to dress up a plain grilled cheese sandwich. The quick combination was unique but delicious, and it became a popular request in my house.
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 slices Muenster or baby Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread preserves over bread slices; top with the pecans, onion and cheese. Top with remaining bread; butter outsides of bread. Toast on a hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Grilled Cheese in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p30
Reviews for Raspberry Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2011
"good idea - jam in a grilled cheese. never tried that before. liked the pecans in it as well."