Raspberry Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), cut into quarters and warmed, optional
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with pita bread if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
2 cups (calculated without whole wheat pita breads) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.