“An interesting combination of sweet and salty flavors gives this Greek salad a delicious twist. And the tart chewiness of the dried cranberries makes a wonderful complement to the salty feta cheese. I often take this to work for lunch,” says Carine Nadel in Laguna Hills, California.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), cut into quarters and warmed, optional
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with pita bread if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Greek Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Raspberry Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review