Raspberry-Glazed Pie Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Place baking mix in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 4. Place raspberries in pie crust; pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped topping) equals 291 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.