Everyone raves about this quick and easy summer pie. It's always a bit hit with all ages at parties, picnics and get-togethers. —Kathy Voss, Jackson, Michigan
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place baking mix in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Place raspberries in pie crust; pour gelatin mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Glazed Pie in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry-Glazed Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review