Besides being wonderfully tasty, this refreshing salad is very pretty, too! A light layer of cream cheese and sour cream contrasts with the rich red fruity gelatin. It makes a delightful side dish for a turkey dinner. —Ardis Rollefson Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the raspberries, pineapple and salt. Pour half into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Let remaining gelatin mixture stand at room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin in mold; top with remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Gelatin Ring in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p31
Reviews for Raspberry Gelatin Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review