Raspberry Gelatin Ring Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the raspberries, pineapple and salt. Pour half into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Let remaining gelatin mixture stand at room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Carefully spread over gelatin in mold; top with remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Gelatin Ring
Sort By :
"Great for the holidays.. very festive and good!"
"This is so good! I've made it several times & everyone always loves it."
"Actually, I had made this recipe quite some time back, but since I wasn't working then for TOH, I didn't review it! I prepared this recipe again 4/26/14 and I did adjust the recipe by using 2 3-oz. packages of raspberry gelatin, one can of whole berry cranberry sauce, 1-3/4 cups UNDRAINED crushed pineapple, divided. Actually, I used a can of pineapple slices in own juice and crushed the slices in my food processor. I used 1-1/4 cups boiling water, reserved juice from drained pineapple and a can of fruit cocktail to make 3/4 cup juice, 1/3 cup chopped pecans, 3/4 cup plain unflavored Greek yogurt, 1 package of cream cheese (8-oz) What I did do was use 1-1/4 cups of boiling water and dissolved the gelatin in the boiling water along with the 3/4 cup of reserved juice from the pineapple & fruit cocktail. I then added 1-3/4 cups undrained, crushed pineapple and the whole berry cranberry sauce to the gelatin mixture along with the 1/3 cup chopped pecans. I ladled 1/2 of the mixture into a greased jello ring mold, 6-cup size and chilled for 1 hour. I combined the cream cheese and yogurt together until smooth and then added 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple. I allowed the balance of gelatin mixture and the cream cheese mixture to stand at room temperature while I'd chilled the gelatin in the mold. Then I spread the cream cheese mixture over the set gelatin and topped with balance of the gelatin mixture, covered the mold with its Tupperware lid and allowed the salad to REALLY set overnight. I plan to take this salad to a luncheon 4/27/14 and I wanted to make this salad again! When I'd made it before, my family had really enjoyed it! I believe I HAD prepared it before for either Thanksgiving or Christmas! I'd this time combined SEVERAL recipes (this recipe from TOH, plus 2 of my own personal similar recipes)to prepare this salad! I thank you, Ardis, for sharing this recipe with TOH! The presentation of this salad IS beautiful! delowenstein"
"Just served this today and had to get right on here and thank Ardis.WONDERFUL.The entire family loved this.Used unsweetened raspberries and drained them well.I used unsweetened crushed pineapple .The results were amazing.A new family favorite.Happy Thanksgiving."
"This was so very good. I will sometimes make it in an 8x8 dish instead of the gelatin mold. Very refreshing and very, very good!"