Raspberry Gelatin Dessert
Here's a colorful dessert to cool down hot summer nights. Bonnie Osthimer of South Bend, Indiana sent the sweet-tart recipe that only calls for a handful of ingredients.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside. In a
- small saucepan, combine the pudding mix, water and raspberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir
- 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in reserved gelatin mixture. Pour into an
- 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 33 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.