- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small
- saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk
- until smooth. Whisk in butter. Chill until mixture reaches spreading
- consistency, stirring occasionally.
- For raspberry cream, mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice;
- discard seeds. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch;
- stir in raspberry juice. Bring to a boil, cook and stir over low
- heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Place in a bowl; chill for
- 30 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- ganache. Top with second cake layer and the raspberry cream. Top
- with remaining cake layer; spread with remaining ganache. Store in
- the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 544 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.