A close rendition to the classic English recipe, this light and airy, berry dessert comes from Margaret Minnich of Columbus, Ohio.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, mash the raspberries; stir in 1-2 tablespoons
- confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining
- sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into raspberry mixture.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat whipped topping; calculated with 2 tablespoons sugar) equals 86 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, trace sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.